Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Mosquito Bites aka my worst nightmare

For some strange reason, mosquitoes have always loved my skin. Every summer I get attacked by them and it seems there isn't much I can do to avoid it. I distinctly recall a memory (or nightmare in this case) from one year at summer camp where the entire left side of my face was covered in mosquito bites. It.. Was.. Awful.. You can imagine the look on my parents' faces when they picked me up at the end of the week hahaha. So when I woke up this morning to a MASSIVE lump on my leg that was incredibly itchy, you could say I was less than surprised. I've never had a bite this big before so I'm guessing it's some sort of reaction. How do people deal with bites like these on a regular basis? It sucks. The bloody thing could be mistaken for my calf!! and it is itchy and super uncomfortable. 

My only tip to avoid this problem: insect repellent!! I also just read an article which said that placing a hot tea bag on the bite will soothe the itching, as the protein that causes the itching breaks down above 45 degrees. I will be testing this out tonight and will definitely post if it works!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment