Monday, July 28, 2014

Booty, Abs & Shoulders

For today's workout I started out with 15 minutes of "booty toning" haha. This consisted mostly of lunges, single leg dead lifts, glute kickbacks etc. I then did a 7 minute ab workout courtesy of Tone It Up (link below).


This ab routine was great as it had a variety of movements, however, the pace was a little too fast and they did not provide very good instruction. 

I then did a WOD inspired by one of the events yesterday at the CrossFit games. 

3 rounds of:

20 sit ups
45 second hand stand holds
20 overhead lunges (with dumbbells)  


My post workout meal consisted of a sandwich and milkshake. The sandwich is my go-to: avocado, tomato, cheddar cheese, and mayonnaise on whole wheat bread. 

I tried making a new milkshake today and it turned out really well! It consisted of: 
- 1 cup of fruit juice
- water (I only added a little bit- depends on how big of a shake you want)
- one scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon of matcha powder
- a good handful of kale 
- 1/2 a lime (squeezed)

It turned out to be really yummy, and it's super healthy too. I was too hungry that I forgot to take a picture of my meal, but I'm sure I will be making another soon enough. Trust me, it was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment